I had an eventful weekend.
Friday at work was too enjoyable: our department worked until noon and then we bounced to Tucano's for lunch...a bit too much meat on a stick for my taste, but the grilled vegetables and pineapple was exquisitely delish, so I walked out of there just as uncomfortably full as the next person. I remember learning in my Honors Bio class (Mar? Beats? Didi? Remember the good times with Piglet the teacher?) that the enzyme that tells our body that we are hungry is called ghrelin. I have some overactive ghrelin all up in me. I am always hungry...and I usually eat too much. Whatever, I'm normal. I'm just getting ready for Thanksgiving.
After rolling out of Tucano's, grumbling about eating too much food, we went to see New Moon as a department.
Now, I hated the first movie--it was just a low-budget film. I have a love/hate relationship with the books, simply because I feel like it is such saccharine, unrealistic literature that it makes you wince and put the book down for a minute just to get the assurance that you are still in real, genuine life and there are no glittering vampires with crazy hair nor any smoking hot werewolf-boys that have such hot abs they have to keep their shirts off to stay cool. Yet, I must admit that I love the books if one reads them just for leisure--on a cruise, say, or a vacation in general, when you don't want to use your brain at all and you want to lose yourself in a story. Even then...it's a bit out there. But, to each his own.
New Moon, however, was even worse. This time around, it wasn't a low budget film. They actually had the money to make it awesome and had the experience from the first one to know that they shouldn't make it too cheesy, too oleaginous. But, they did. The only part I enjoyed was Jacob's muscles. I walked out of the movie wishing that I had a boyfriend to kiss, but not any boy--someone as hot as Jacob, which is ridiculous and unrealistic. After about an hour, I was fuming at how the movie (and books) play with your emotions! Forget Jacob. I don't need those rippling muscles to make me happy. Just someone smart and funny, please.
Later that evening I was to meet up with my parents to go to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant, Johnny Carino's. Mind you, I just ate at Tucano's not too long before. But, hey, you only have a fairly fast metabolism for so long, right? Why not shorten that time by eating a ton of junk now? So I ate a fantastic salad and pasta bowl...and had leftovers for the next day (yesss). Then we went home and watched The Bishop's Wife--the old version, with Cary Grant. We ate my second favorite dessert, tiramisu, as I slowly forgot all about dumb Jacob's abs and lost myself in the essence of Cary Grant. He's the most charming, witty, handsome, classy, sexy man ever (besides my future husband). On Sunday evening, while my three roommates and I were getting slap-happy and laughing hysterically at nothing, we turned on the TV to find my favorite Cary Grant movie and possibly my all-time favorite movie if it didn't make me cry so much: An Affair to Remember. Cary Grant, you complete me.
You make me laugh.
ReplyDelete