Saturday, June 20, 2009

A toast to my new fave show.

Oh no. I'm hooked. I promised myself that I wouldn't get addicted to another TV show outside of The Office and Arrested Development because I hate being one of those ridiculous fans who dedicate their entire night to a favorite show and shush anyone who makes noise around them--that or the people who Tivo it to watch later, stopping their ears and screaming like a baby immediately if anyone dares to mention the show before they've seen it. Really? Get over it.
Consequently, I've avoided the show So You Think You Can Dance. The name itself sounds a little ridiculous and more appropriate for tweens than a college co-ed and I assumed it was just a lame dancing take-off of American Idol. My sister-in-law, however, introduced me to the show when I was staying at her house in Phoenix and rocked my freaking world.
I think the reason that I avoided ever watching the show, deep down inside, was because I knew I'd love it. I begrudgingly admit that I'm obsessed with both of the Step Up movies and repeatedly try to mimick their moves, only to look like a blind monkey on crack. Whatever. I'm not ashamed. Maybe I love watching dance because I am uncoordinated myself. Sure, dance parties are my favorite past time. I can Pop Lock and Drop It like nobody's business and I'm pretty sure I've got the booty shake down. That's not my issue. It's the structured dancing with which I have issues. When it comes to square dancing, swing, or any form of ballroom, I look like a lost little boy standing uncomfortably in the middle of Victoria's Secret, except I'm being thrown about and dipped by a strange man. I used to take jazz, clogging, and even ballet (that was painful), but the whole memorized dance pieces in an orderly fashion was just a little bit for my tiny brain to handle, I guess. So, those who can't dance, worship. I mean watch.
I would post a link to some of my favorite SYTYCD dances but
A. I can't narrow down which are my favorite.
B. There is a surprising lack of good videos.
C. I'm too lazy to do it. Back off.

For now, I'll just schedule all of my time around Wednesdays from 7-9.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're addicted. Now you can watch it for me while I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete