Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A toast to those happy spots in life.

My friend, Sarah, inspired me to contemplate the little things in life that I love. I can do that. Here goes.

Not wearing shoes, even when you probably should be.
Snoozing in the afternoon.
The word snooze.
Laughing with someone until tears come out.
Songs that put you in a good mood.
Crinkly eyes.
When you are thirsty and you drink some cold water and feel it go all the way down.
Falling asleep.
Watching someone's face when they are interacting socially.
Leftovers from the restaurant last night.
Discovering a new favorite scripture.
Freshly shaven legs against your sheets.
An old couple holding hands.
Art.
When you are walking and unexpectedly smell some flowers you hadn't noticed.
Eating after going swimming. Anything tastes good.
Peanut butter M&Ms.
Being sore from exercising.
Getting so into a book that you forget about life.
The sunshine.
Discussing controversial topics without anyone getting mad.
Making lists.
When you immediately connect with someone.
When a guy smells good.
Having something to look forward to.
The cold side of the pillow.
When babies yawn.
When someone is happy to see you.
A hug from Mom.
The sound crickets make.
A unique photograph.

K, now everyone add to this list.

5 comments:

  1. kels i love this! can i put this on mine? i will credit you. seriously these lists are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely, my love! you inspired me, so you can enjoy it all you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. You have pinpointed lifes wonders. :)We are supposed to add to this? well I would like to add hot air balloons up in the sky in the middle of summer, catching up with old friends and you find you are still as good of friends, going to sleep at the end of a day where you played so hard and had so much fun all day, and having a fantastic roommate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you forgot one major "favorite" thing... Your big sister, Arian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And last but not least....I love my sister, Arian.

    ReplyDelete