
So I went on a cruise to Mexico. It was great. I went with my sister, Ashley, and a bunch of random BYU students. Yes, I said Mexico, but before you get your face mask, let me explain. The captain of the boat announced over the loud speaker the night before we were supposed to visit Ensenada that we in fact we would NOT be visiting. The national health association deemed swine flu too dangerous (I'm gonna wave the BS flag on that one and say the media is making swine flu a much bigger deal than it is--it's another strain of the flu, people! There was an outbreak of swine flu a few years ago and more people died from the vaccination than from the flu itself. It is simply because we can track this particular strain and get freaked out watching it spread. Thousands die from the flu a year...why is swine flu any different? But I digress.) and they didn't want to risk the health and safety of those on board. So, what did we do? We ate. We spent the majority of the time hot tubbing, eating, enjoying the karaoke bar, clubbing, and playing games. And eating. Hooray for unlimited soft serve ice cream and 24-hour pizza. I came home feeling like the Michelin Man, but whatever. It was worth it.
Us eating. SURPRISE!Best moment: I get on the dance floor, sober and without any care of who was watching, and break it down. Ash and I danced from 11:00 to 2:30... nonstop. We just had our group of BYU kids dancing while a little mini Asian dance party was going on at the other side of the club. With a few transvestites...awkward.
But one of the nights, Ash and I and a few other friends were pretty pooped and done for the night so we maneuvered our way out of the club and passed another "adult" club. It was dead. Everyone was just sitting smoking, drinking and staring at the wall. There was a great live band going so the four of us looked at each other and without speaking a word, danced our way onto the dance floor. We got a few pretty awesome looks as we livened the place up. Within 10 minutes, we had the dance floor packed. Yes, packed. We surveyed our work and nodded in satisfaction, then left to get some fresh air. Mission accomplished.
I had issues getting my wetsuit on for our surfing trip.
Three Arches, one of the beaches we visited after the cruise in Long Beach.
way to live your life girl!
ReplyDelete