Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Fourth.

Well, the Fourth of July is officially my favorite holiday. I can't help it. What other holiday do you celebrate by putting light into the night sky, eating burgers, and playing outside games with shorts and no shoes? This is the holiday of the summer, and I submit that the other holidays just can't be up to par with this one because...well, they aren't a holiday in the summer. Sorry, Thanksgiving. I still love you, just in a different way.

I celebrated the 4th with my sister/best friend this year. We went to Salt Lake and attended a lovely barbeque with some people we knew--and some we didn't (that always adds some pizazz to the night). We walked to a nearby park and watched the fireworks while streaming I'm Proud to Be An American, Neil Diamond's Coming to America, and even The Star-Spangled Banner right off of Lizzie's phone (thanks again, Lizzie, for making it so Americana). After that goodness, we came back to have rootbeer floats and light some sparklers. This is what resulted:












Needless to say, the rootbeer floats did their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment