Friday, September 11, 2009

A toast to shots...and fasting...

So I'm sitting in the waiting room at the Student Health Center, quite nervous about having a needle put in my arm for the first time in my life. I was reading a National Geographic in efforts to distract myself when a nurse asked for a Julie. The other girl in the waiting room looked up and replied. The nurse asked, "Julie, are you fasting today?", obviously referring to not eating before a test or something. Julie paused for a moment and informed us, "No, I just haven't eaten yet today."

I sincerely tried to not laugh. I hope she didn't notice.

Only in Provo.


*I have officially received my first shot and gone against all that I believe--no longer a vaccination virgin. Oh, the things I do for a mission.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha I'm so obsessed with you!! and I'm glad you have finally received at least one shot :) ps I'm coming up on sunday can we please play...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no...i will be in draper...well, i'll be back by the evening. we can play then!

    ReplyDelete